V―‹³‰ο‰ζ‘œ
V―‹³‰ο‰ζ‘œ
V―‹³‰ο‰ζ‘œ
V―‹³‰ο‰ζ‘œ
V―‹³‰ο‰ζ‘œ
V―‹³‰ο‰ζ‘œ
2014/2

The winter season as ever and precisely, to bring us heavy fall of snow. Day by day the snow has piled up and great stock of it surrounds the Church premises, frosting everything in the coldest long nights and days, but we are really very thankful for the running water, which I consider a gift from the peak of the mountains flowing through the entrance down to the road protecting it not to be piled-up with snow that gives us a safe way to go inside and out of the Church.

On February 9th we celebrated the Feast of Our Lady of the Snow.  There was a brief procession of the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and everyone offered Her roses. It was followed by a Rosary and singing the hymns in between mysteries in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary, filling the air in echoes of tender glow that penetrates to our hearts. Through this occasion we are reminded that the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Jesus is the Mother of the church. Her task of rearing Jesus was not ended when He died on the cross, right now she is still rearing Jesus in us, in a way that if we can bring Jesus to others, is we can share our happiness with others then we have a true devotion to Mary.  We must not forget to remember that Our Church had been built by the help of many peoplefs contribution. A church built with love, hope, charity and inspiration. They had shared us their living happiness they had for Jesus.  In one way or the other we should consider these as
shown affections as a true devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary which I can feel and sincerely believed deep in my heart that the Shinjo Catholic Church is a Holy place where the Blessed Virgin Mary dwells.

So as we celebrate its 4th year anniversary of the Church, I look forward in encouraging all members of the church in realizing what we can do even in the simplest way to serve others and warmly invite our neighbors to come and share the love and happiness that the Lord is giving us.iJuliet Chonanj

The Feast of Our Lady of the Snow